- So today I sign off as the "Twitter" person for the MFL - it has been fun! You can find me (Barb) at @VABarb Thanks for all the fun! 3 months ago
- Watch our website in mid-Feb for registration! #YouthFootball ages 6-18 3 months ago
- MFL AGM Tonight. Getting ready for the 2015 Season, it's going to be great! Join us on the field this year #flagfootball. #tacklefootball 3 months ago
- RT @Saugaverse: A look at the the Port Credit harbor this morning, where the Credit River empties into Lake Ontario. Still icy & cold http:… 3 months ago
- RT @BonnieCrombie: There's still plenty of time left! RT today & @Bell will donate 5¢ more to mental health initiatives for every tweet usi… 4 months ago
- RT @VABarb: @MPPKevinFlynn @DysthymicDad We need more services, more connection, more continuity! #BellLetsTalk 4 months ago
- RT @ShaniaTwain: Today is #BellLetsTalk Day in Canada! For every tweet/retweet using #BellLetsTalk Bell will donate 5¢ to Canadian mental h… 4 months ago
It is June and time for the annual Mississauga Waterfront Festival. This year for the first time the Mississauga Football League will be joining the fun! Drop by their tent and learn about Youth Football in Mississauga.
The Mississauga Football League offers football programs for youth age 6 – 18, visit their website at www.M-F-L.ca for more information. Next season of Tackle starts mid August – the time to sign up is NOW!
These teams will be starting practice in about 2 weeks and will be ready for their first game May 16th.
Practice will be Monday and Wednesday with games on Friday Night. The season ends the first weekend in July with the Day of Champions being played on Saturday. So, that means your weekends are free and your summer is free!
Visit the HPFL site, www.HPFL.ca or the Mississauga Football League site, www.M-F-L.ca to find out more! Looking for Flag or Tackle Football for ages 6-18 – be sure to check out the Mississauga Football League site for information on their other programs!
The Halton Peel Football League is just about ready to take to the field for the second season!
Last year 3 communities with a long history in football came together to make something great, something the kids wanted and needed, something the parents wanted…….a league to play in, a league where everyone played!
They took away the long travel, took away the prospect of sitting on the bench and put the fun back in the game! Why? Because it is easier to coach, easier to learn if everyone is having fun!
The Halton Peel Football League offers tackle teams for ages 9 – 12 in Oakville, Georgetown and Mississauga. Practice will start soon with the first game May 16th. All games are Friday Night so you still have your weekends free and the season is finished first weekend in July.
This is last Open House prior to the MFL starting practice for the Spring Tackle Season!
Hard to believe practice is about to start with it still looking like winter out there but April is almost here and the Mississauga Football League is scheduled to take to the field on April 14 for the first practice of the 2013 Spring Tackle Season (permits to be confirmed by city). Spring Tackle is available for youth age 9 – 12. The MFL play in the popular Halton Peel Football League. The kids have a blast, everyone gets to play and the season is over on the first week of July. Your summer is free!
Not long after this starts the Mississauga Football League will take to the field for its hugely popular Flag Football program. This year they are fielding teams for age 6 – 18, all teams are co-ed, games and practice are on a Sunday night. Flag is a fast paced, fun, non-contact game.
Check out the MFL at their site www.M-F-L.ca
This is your chance to ensure your child has a spot in the Mississauga Football League for Spring Tackle, Summer Flag and/or Fall Football.
In both 2012 and 2013 the Summer Flag Program sold out! In 2013 the first season of the Spring Tackle also sold out! The Fall Tackle and Flag is always popular and always has teams which fill up!
This Saturday is your chance to get in early and secure your spot. Drop by and meet the volunteers from the Mississauga Football League this Saturday, March 22, at their Club House (610 Arbor Road) from 11:oo am – 2:30pm. This is a great time to ask your questions, chat with the volunteers and sign up for the season.
We suggest you visit the MFL site first. www.M-F-L.ca, and register on-line, be sure to read all the information within the form on how to complete the process. You can drop off payment and forms at the Club House this Saturday. You can also register on site Saturday.
Do not wait…..REGISTER TODAY!
There are many sports to choose from in Mississauga. Some are up front and everywhere but what if your child is looking for something different. Parents can often be hesitant if their child wants to play football, not sure what is involved, worried about injuries, etc.
What better way for both the child and the parent to find out about football then to try out Flag Football. The Mississauga Football League, now offers Flag Football for ages 6 – 18. Season run mid-May to end of July, all games in Mississauga on Sunday evening.
Why Flag Football?
The flag football program was patterned after the successful tackle program with the MFL, they had looked at other communities around Mississauga spoken with them and over the last 3 season the MFL has grown this into a great program that has sold out the last two seasons.
Some of the universally accepted benefits of flag football are listed below:
* Flag Football is a fast game for the kids – just an amazing game at the Bantam and JV age divisions
* Flag football ensures that everyone has the full experience during games, and not just the “star players”
* Flag football ensures that each child will have an opportunity to run, and/or catch the ball during every game
* Flag football provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning lessons in teamwork
* Flag football is designed to educate young people about football while emphasizing participation and sportsmanship. Players learn skills and lessons that help them succeed both on and off the field.
Their hope is that after a exciting season of Flag players will join in the fall: the 6 – 8 year olds in Flag and the 9 – 18 year olds as part of the Tackle program. Visit www.M-F-L.ca for information about this program.