Mississauga Football League
There are many sports to choose from in Mississauga. Some are up front and everywhere but what if your child is looking for something different. Parents can often be hesitant if their child wants to play football, not sure what is involved, worried about injuries, etc.
What better way for both the child and the parent to find out about football then to try out Flag Football. The Mississauga Football League, now offers Flag Football for ages 6 – 18. Season run mid-May to end of July, all games in Mississauga on Sunday evening.
Why Flag Football?
The flag football program was patterned after the successful tackle program with the MFL, they had looked at other communities around Mississauga spoken with them and over the last 3 season the MFL has grown this into a great program that has sold out the last two seasons.
Some of the universally accepted benefits of flag football are listed below:
* Flag Football is a fast game for the kids – just an amazing game at the Bantam and JV age divisions
* Flag football ensures that everyone has the full experience during games, and not just the “star players”
* Flag football ensures that each child will have an opportunity to run, and/or catch the ball during every game
* Flag football provides young players a fun and exciting opportunity to engage in non-contact, continuous action while learning lessons in teamwork
* Flag football is designed to educate young people about football while emphasizing participation and sportsmanship. Players learn skills and lessons that help them succeed both on and off the field.
Their hope is that after a exciting season of Flag players will join in the fall: the 6 – 8 year olds in Flag and the 9 – 18 year olds as part of the Tackle program. Visit www.M-F-L.ca for information about this program.